Friday, March 2, 2012

TIPS HOW TO MAKE OLD CLOTHES LOOK LIKE NEW

,
I like colorful clothes. I have blouses, shirts, short pants, skirts in green, red, yellow, brown, black, white, etc. But one thing that made me up set with colorful clothes, after a while the color turns fade, or for t-shirt sometimes it becomes stretching. For example, my favorite green short turns to brownish, my favorite white t-shirt turns to a bit yellow, and my red tank top turns to be a bit oranges.

I don’t know the cause, whether the wrong way of washing, or because of the detergent, or because of the material itself, or etc. After that, I made a ‘kind of’ conclusion (because I am not sure whether it is valid or not, because this is based from my own experience from the way I washed and the detergent that I used). From that ‘kind of’ conclusion, I conclude some tips how to make old clothes looks new (Hopefully these experiences work for you)

1.    Do not use “cheap” detergent.
I know it is cheaper for monthly cost, if we bought cheap detergent; but in other hand, the cost for buying clothes is higher (causal law). It is better to use qualified detergent for washing your clothes.

2.    Separate the laundry
I am sure our mother always reminded us to separate the laundry; the white one with the color clothes. It is better to separate those laundries into several parts, such as:
•    White clothes
•    Bright color clothes (such as red, pink, yellow, blue, green, purple, etc… like the color of rainbow actually :) )
•    Dark color clothes (such as black, gray, dark blue, dark green, etc.)
•    Soft clothes (such as lingerie, silk clothes, bikini, etc)
•    Heavy laundry (such as thick jacket, blanket, bed cover, towel, etc)
•    Oily or very dirty laundry (such as stove napkin, towel doormat, etc)

3.    Do not wash it too often
If you just wear a blouse only just for 2 – 3 hours, you may just hang it and get it windy (not if that blouse got dirty with food stain, blood, or mud, etc), because by washing too often affected the quality of the material and the color of the clothes.

4.    Try not using washing machine and drying machine
From my experiences, some of my t-shirt became stretched after washed in washing machine. So it is better for you to hand-wash stretch-materials clothes, such as t-shirt, sport clothes, cardigans, etc. Beside stretched, the color turned fade too. I know that it is easy and safe energy if you washing with machine, but… I’m not able to wear my favorite clothes for long time.

Do I have to buy more than 1 clothe for the clothes that I like?? I don’t think so. May be just by applying these tips, help you safe your favorite clothes :)

9 comments to “TIPS HOW TO MAKE OLD CLOTHES LOOK LIKE NEW”

  • March 6, 2012 at 12:16 AM
    Hzndi says:

    this is great melda, ill try it :)

    delete
  • March 6, 2012 at 1:03 AM
    Yolah says:

    hzndi @: thank for visit & try :)

    delete
  • March 6, 2012 at 5:28 AM
    arie5758 says:

    I never wash my clothes selves, but this could be a tips for my wife hehehe.... Thank you for share this info :)

    delete
  • March 6, 2012 at 5:56 AM
    MR.W says:

    intersting tips! thank u! support for u and support back pls!

    delete
  • March 7, 2012 at 10:10 PM
    Yolah says:

    arie5758 @: thanks for visiting.
    MR.W @: thanks for visiting... I will support back... check shoutmix/chatbox OK :)

    delete
  • March 10, 2012 at 4:32 AM
    Jeremy says:

    Interesting !!! Old clothes can still be useful after making it looks brand new.. Thanks for the tips...
    Accountant Melbourne

    delete
  • March 14, 2012 at 5:13 PM
    Sam D. says:

    You're right washing machine especially dryer really ruins clothes. But here I don't have a choice, I have to use washing machine to wash my clothes but I always put it on a delicate cycle and just hang it dry after. :-) I supported you too dear I hope you'll do the same.

    delete
  • March 16, 2012 at 3:56 AM
    Yolah says:

    Sam D: Hehehe... i know technology is made to make our works easier, same as washing machine... I also need it especially on rain season (Indonesia has 2 seasons only, dry and rainy.
    Try to always support bloggers :) Happy blogging :)

    delete
  • June 18, 2012 at 11:53 PM

    Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write ups thanks once again.
    web applications| html5 video server

    delete

Post a Comment

 

Tips and Solutions For Your Problems Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger