Sorry for long absent :)
I have new profession, actually. I am a teacher now, an English teacher. I teach private senior high school in Tangerang, Banten, Indonesia. Because of this new profession, I still try to adapt with the rhythm of the work, the other administration jobs that must be done by teachers, etc.
Last 2 weeks, were the hectic time for teachers. We have try out for the National final Exam for the 12th grade. The midterm test for the 10th and 11th grade. A few days later after the test we have to present the mid term report to parents and students... :) Fiuhhhh...
At the first time, it was quite stressing. In fact, teacher jobs are not only teaching. It is kind of 20-hour job per day. Beside teaching, we have to prepare the materials, we have to study again, we have to do the administrative jobs: fill in the score, analyze it, fill it into the student's progress report book, give feedback, etc. We also have to make the daily test/quizzes and correct them. Through that experience, now I become more and more respect to all of my teachers and parents, who are teachers too.
Because of the stressing jobs, that is why since last semester, I learned and tried to make my job easier.
To find the material sources:
- active look and ask for material archives to other teachers and school archives.
- Go to book store, hunting for workbooks and other related books.
- After teaching hour, do the administrative jobs little by little. So there won't be too many jobs.
- If there are several homeworks or quiz, do the correction and the discussion with the students. So there won't be piles of papers to be corrected.
- Try to dig the students knowledge and ability by asking questions or ask them to open the book as the answers.
- During the session, sometimes you need to chill down a bit. Give extra time for students to be relaxed. For examples, using games during study, and play music when the students do exercises.