Thursday, September 22, 2011

Keep your Vegetable fresh in the refrigerator

,
Because I am a working mother, I am quite busy in the morning to prepare the cooking ingredients. Sometimes, I forgot that I have water spinach or other vegetables in my refrigerator until its dried :) then I have to throw them away :( .
After that, I felt sorry, because I know there are many people hungry out there. It is hard for them to get food, but I waste mine away...

That is why, I try to find some ways so the vegetable and other food which I storage in the refrigerator won't be wasted away.


1. After work, when my baby is sleeping, I prepare the ingredients for tomorrow cooking. The vegetable and the spices. The next day, you just cook those ingredients :)
2. To safe time and energy, usually I shopping food ingredients for 3 days a head. So I do not need to buy vegetables, fish / meat / tempe everyday :).
3. To keep the vegetables fresh for 3 days, usually after I bought it, I washed it, and put it is a plastic bag, or if you have more time, you can cut and put it in plastic container, with tight seal/cover (ex: plastic container from tupperware, etc.)
I had tried it myself, I put water spinach in plastic container, and it still fresh after a week.

Note: special for spring onion, it is better to wrap it with newspaper or any paper first, then put it in refrigerator.

Just try... hopefully there will be no more wasted food :)

5 comments to “Keep your Vegetable fresh in the refrigerator”

  • September 24, 2011 at 5:40 AM
    A and W says:

    Hi ma'am Yola...
    Try to wrap all the vegetables with a newspaper to absorb the moist.
    We buy our stuff weekly.

    Will - www.reviews-all.blogspot.com

    delete
  • September 26, 2011 at 4:20 AM
    Yolah says:

    AandW : Thanks for sharing your tips.

    And for all, please give your tips or comment here related with this article, so it will enrich knowledge for others too. :)

    delete
  • October 17, 2011 at 5:53 AM
    ch000tz says:

    thanks for sharing a gud tips :')

    delete
  • October 24, 2011 at 10:39 PM

    nice tips, i'll do these

    delete
  • November 10, 2011 at 8:23 PM
    Michael says:

    Hmmm, cool tips! Too bad we don't buy much newspaper at home coz we get our news from the Internet. But thanks for sharing these really practical tips. Take care!

    delete

Post a Comment

 

Tips and Solutions For Your Problems Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger